Monday, February 15, 2010

mid February update

With 4 teenage kids and none driving yet, there is plenty of Dad/family stuff that I need, and want, to do. This takes away from some of the time I spent exercising in the past. I don't mind, it's just part of life, and a good part it is.

My marathon training is going OK and I will be fine for running the Eau Claire marathon May 2nd. I have a goal of running a 3:35 which I can do if the day is a good one in every way. My reduced miles I've been getting in has negatively impacted my long run performance so I've added a Monday run to get my miles up a bit.

I'm thinking that for the next few years I don't want to stress about getting my long runs in for marathon training. If I don't qualify for Boston in EC, I will probably switch to 10mile/half-marathons/25K for a few years. When the family plans allow, I'll be able to spend more time training again.

I cut back my 2010 race list and I'm OK (in my head) with this reduced schedule.

--Mark

2 comments:

Londell said...

Well, I think this is better then 4 teens all wanting a limited supply of cars... From experience it gos way to fast and they at some far away campus. Congrats on being a father first...

Beth said...

I agree, having kids that are a little bit older but not driving yet is a very busy time. I'm loving this age because you can see who they are becoming. Glad you are figuring out how to fit it all together. Glad that the training for Eau Claire is going well.