Sunday, August 29, 2010

Brooks Glycerin 8 shoes

Some time ago Brooks discontinued the Glycerin 7's for the new 8's. I bought a pair or two of the 7's before they were gone and now I'm on my second pair of 8's. They don't fit right and the toebox was made differently between two different pairs/colors from different sources. One I bought in town was too tight which I only really noticed after wearing it a few times. Also, where my heel lands wore out way too soon - 300 miles. The second pair (shipped from the Brooks warehouse) has a higher toebox but it's also snug in the toes and after my 21 miler yesterday I had a blister on the end of my second toe. A few miles of running this morning changed it into a blood blister. That never happened in my 7's or 6's. Well, for me the Brooks Glycerin line is unacceptable. Too bad.

Sometime soon, I'll search for a new shoe. I still have my last two pairs of Glycerin 7's that both have 400 miles plus on them but I use them for trail races. I'll be bringing them out again for the Birkebeiner Trail Marathon and also the Surf the Murph 50M. Although those 7's have more miles that I like to have on them, they've served me well in all my trail racing this year.

--Mark

1 comment:

Mark H. said...

My second pair of Glycerin 8's now feels great with more than 300 miles on them. The thing is...I can't handle a shoe that takes a couple of hundred miles to break in. Especially when they're worn out by 400 miles. Ugh.

I'll search for a new shoe in November.