Saturday, December 15, 2007

New shoes

I tried ASICS GT 2120's this morning. I picked them up yesterday because they were on sale and many people love ASICS. My experience with them was a blister on the end of my second toe and also the heels were a tiny bit too loose. It looks like I'll be sticking with Brooks Adrenaline GTS for awhile. I'll need about 3 new pairs to rotate through from now until the Fargo Marathon in May. After approx 400 miles, the Brooks loose too much cushioning and my feet start to hurt. I didn't like last years GTS 6's as much as the earlier 5's or my current 7's. I hope the 8's that come out next year are as good as the GTS 7's I'm running in now.

*** Afternoon update - I went to Run N Fun in St. Paul because the two general sporting goods stores near me didn't have my size in the Brooks shoes. I asked the guy at Run N Fun to let me try other shoes similar to the Brooks. I tried four other shoes as well as the Brooks. Only the Brooks fit like a glove. They are still perfect for me. I bought two pairs, one with yellow accents, the other with orange accents. My current ones are blue so I won't have any issues getting them mixed-up while rotating them. I'm happy for now and will get another two pairs in a few weeks and I'll be all set for many months.

--Mark

No comments: