Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Jim, can you climb trees?

This morning my friend Jim and I went on an early morning Mississippi River loop run starting from the Highland Park LTF. We crossed the Ford Bridge and then ran north along the west river parkway. At about 5:20am we were about a mile north of the Ford Bridge. Off in the distance a police siren sounded. Almost immediately a pack of coyotes started 'yipping'. They were between us and the river, and although we couldn't see them, I think they were only 30 to 50 yards from us. That's when I asked, "Jim, can you climb trees"?

It was nice to have some wildlife nearby.

--Mark

1 comment:

keith said...

Go see adam harmer's blog entry about what Coyotes do for motivation to help you learn to climb trees.

http://analytical-training.blogspot.com/2008/01/hunt.html

I very much dislike coyotes.