Thursday, September 25, 2008

10 days to the TCM

I feel good going into this marathon. No injuries, but I'm two weeks into a cold which should be gone very soon. I'm running well. I have my fueling/hydration plan figured out. This Saturday a bunch of us will run the final 8 miles of the course. We've run the hills along the river and Summit many times but it will be nice to run that final stretch one more time before the TCM.

I'm not planning to carry a pace chart for the TCM as I did in Fargo. I'll just run it as well as I can; I have a target average pace of 8:00 to finish in 3:30. My training is done so it all comes down to what 'the day' brings for me on the 5th.

--Mark

2 comments:

SteveQ said...

With a cold, get even more rest and more water... and good luck!

keith said...

good luck, mark! you're going to do great.