Sunday, October 5, 2008

Twin Cities Marathon 2008

A wonderful marathon for me. Cool and rainy, I did not get too warm. There was a short time I was a little too cold but it didn't bother me. I stayed well fueled and hydrated, did not have any GI issues, and ran the whole race without needing to walk. I only had a slight left hamstring cramp around mile 25 and that was my only minor problem.

I could only hold an 8 pace until mile 16. After that I didn't have the power to continue at that speed. I am extremely happy with my 3:42:12 time which is a 30 minute PR over my first marathon, Fargo in May of this year.

My friends that trained with me all had PR's today too. Jim and Karl qualified for Boston as well as Kim who ran an awesome 3:16 for her third BQ, and PR, this year! I'll be training with them this winter for their Boston as well as whatever I decide to do.

Thanks to all the TCM volunteers and spectators! I really, really enjoyed my race. Thanks to people I know or recognized out there cheering people on! Some of them were: Suzy, Scot, Greg, Steve, Kristen, Beth, Dave, Matt, Rod, and Tom.

--Mark

3 comments:

keith said...

Great job, Mark! There are more PR's in store for you!

Matthew Patten said...

Nice PR!

Great to see you out there. I got a picture of you I posted on my blog.

I kind of enjoyed the rain. I know you guys probably did not.

SteveQ said...

Great seeing you out there. Nive PR! It was a tough day to grind out 8 pace for long.