Monday, December 29, 2008

My 'best of running ' 2008

Not in any particular order.
  • My running partners. It's wonderful to have running partners that are great friends.
  • I ran 4 races of marathon distance or longer. I enjoyed all those events, the good parts and the bad.
  • The Afton Trail Run 50K. I ran this one by heart rate, and it took a long time, but I finished it. I had a great time and I'll run it again.
  • The Fall 50 Relay in Door County. Five people and only 50 miles so we started in the morning and finished in the afternoon. All you can eat/drink pizza/beer after the race.
  • The Fall 50 long sleeve cotton shirt. My favorite long sleeve shirt of the year. I wear it all the time while my Fargo and Twin Cities marathon shirts go unworn. My favorite short sleeve cotton shirt was from the Bear Water Run 10 mile race.
  • The Afton 25/50K T-Shirt. Best short sleeve technical shirt of the year. Awesome design.
  • I met my goal of running 2000 miles this year. Over 1000 more than last year.
I look forward to more good things in 2009.

--Mark

2 comments:

SteveQ said...

Does the Bear Water Run T have the signature of Mike Gaetz? He does a lot of the shirts for races in White Bear and some of my faves were ones he did.

Mark H. said...

Steve,
Nope. The Bear Water Run shirt doesn't appear to be signed. It's dark brown and kind of plain. It's a 'best' for me because it's one I wear the most. I found a pic of someone at the race this year at: http://www.whitebearlions.org/images/bear_water_run/photos_2008/P1010950.JPG