Monday, August 17, 2009

Ragnar Relay - Great River - this Friday 8/21

Next race coming up is the Great River Relay. Third year for me and this year the start was changed from LaCrosse to Winona. Twelve runners per team and a 195 miles to cover. This year we plan to average a 7:45 pace and we have a chance if the weather is reasonable. The only thing working against us is that one of our runners had to drop due to a bad knee so we have one Van with only 5 runners.

Anyone out there up for the Fun and Challenge of joining my team for this race? Let me know. We (both Vans) are meeting in Woodbury at 11am Friday to head out to the start. My team has a 3pm start time so there will be 200+ teams in front of us, giving us plenty of runners to pass. :-)

--Mark

5 comments:

Beth said...

Can't wait to hear how it went. The weather was crazy!!

Mark H. said...

Sorry.... it's this Friday, 8/21.

wildknits said...

Good luck out there! Also on a team that is starting at 3:00pm. I am the "replacement" runner for my team, having been recruited a few weeks ago and it will be my first Ragnar.

Here is to cooler temps and lower humidity for the weekend!

Beth said...

Ooops! Good Luck, then! :) The weather for this weekend looks wonderful.

Mark H. said...

Beth,
Thanks! I know that you KNOW the weather and it does look wonderful for the race.
--Mark