Saturday, December 12, 2009

my 2010 race plans

My plans are starting to shape-up. My Spring will be busy and then just a few races through the rest of the year. I've been searching for an alternative to the Twin Cities Marathon and I think I have it! The new Birkebeiner Marathon in Hayward, Wisconsin. I grew up in that area and spent a lot of time XC skiing there so it will be good to get on those trails again. The Birkebeiner marathon is on September 25th - a week before the TCM (and half the entry $$$).

3/21 Human Race 8K
4/3 Ron Daws 25K
4/17 Trail Mix team (12.5K)
4/24 Get in Gear 10K
5/2 Eau Claire Marathon
7/3 Afton 25K
9/25 Birkebeiner Marathon
10/23 Door County Fall 50 (5 person relay)

That's it. I may add a few races here and there but not many.

--Mark

4 comments:

Beth said...

Hopefully I will see you at the Human Race and at Ron Daws. The Birkebeiner sounds like a great alternative to Twin Cities. I bet it will be fun to do something different.

Matthew Patten said...

Dude.... No Ultras?

What gives?

I would do the Human race, but I hate running that fast.

Mark H. said...

Matt,
Good question and a good thought to put in my head. I'm going on a one week vacation immediately following Afton so I might as well just run the 50K! I can use that week as a recovery week.

2012 is when I would like to do some North Shore running at distances longer than 50K.

Mark H. said...

I meant 2011 for Superior ultras.