Saturday, June 26, 2010

Cheap folding water cup

...Sandwich-sized zip-lock bag

Most of my runs are on routes with drinking fountains. Although many of those fountains provide a good stream of water, some have a very low flow and it's a pain to get much from them easily.

Today I had a small zip-lock bag with me (original use was to carry some Shot-Bloks). I filled the bag mostly full at one of those low-flow, barely bubbling, water fountains. Then I pinched one of the zip-lock sides into a loop for pouring, tipped it up, and drank it down. It worked great, weighs nothing, and takes up little room in a pocket. I never thought of carrying a little zip-lock bag for use as a water cup so maybe this tip will be handy for you too.

--Mark

3 comments:

wildknits said...

Love it!! Though of course none of my routes has water fountains, but who knows when the need may strike!

Londell said...

Contact the maker of the product and soon, you may be on the box? Cool idea!

Beth said...

That's a great idea! I have a couple runs with a "low flow" drinking fountain along the way. It would also be great on the bike.