Thursday, September 23, 2010

expecting mud Saturday

Saturday morning I'll be running the Birkebeiner Trail Marathon out of Hayward, Wisconsin. Although I believe the downpours in Northern WI have not been as severe as Southern MN, there has been plenty of rain falling up North. The Fat Tire 40 mountain bike race was held on the Birkebeiner trail last weekend and there was plenty of damage done to the trails during that event (from what I've heard from a participant). The rain this week will only contribute to muddy conditions which will have no chance of drying-up before Saturday.

So, I'm expecting the worst-case situation of muddy conditions for 26.2 miles. I've run very well at the Trail Mix team race in mud, so who knows, I may just be a human-mudder. Best case, I'll be pleasantly surprised with some surfaces with traction.

Good luck to everyone running the any of the Birkie races this weekend.

--Mark

No comments: