Thursday, October 7, 2010

2011 preliminary race plans

The 2010 running season is not over but I've put together my wish-list of races for 2011. My goal is to shift even more towards trail running than I have in 2010, which is about 50/50 trails/road.

April
Ron Daws 25K
Trail Mix 4-person team race

May
Ice Age 50K

June
Bighorn Trail Run 50K or 50M

July
Afton Trail Run 25K
Run the Keweenaw 3-race series

September
Birkebeiner Trail Marathon

October
Door County Fall 50 5-person team relay
Surf the Murph 50M

The only thing I know for sure is that this list will change.

--Mark

4 comments:

Beth said...

Looks like you have a good list going. If I get a spring marathon on my schedule, I may have to put Ron Daws on mine. I like that race.

Mark H. said...

I really like the Ron Daws, too. I like having it to kick off my race year. Well, I usually kick off my race year with a 1-Block Run in January at a bar in Hudson, WI, but I don't count that one as a race. :-)

wildknits said...

Consider any of the Superior Trail Races (spring or fall)?

Or what about Voyageur or Half-Voyageur. Wild Duluth???

Can you tell where my bias lies?

;->

Mark H. said...

wildknits,
Looking at schedules last night, I think Ice Age is out as it's a soccer tournament weekend for my girls. I would change my May race to the Superior 25K if I do Bighorn or the Superior 50K drop Bighorn.

The Fall Superior races are two weeks before the gentle but hilly Birkebeiner marathon which is too close for me. I could fit in the Wild Duluth 50K in mid-October and I would either drop the Surf the Murph or drop back to the 25K.

I enjoy this planning stage as it gives me a list of events to look forward to running next season.

I really do like Duluth and didn't mean to ignore your races. Thanks for reminding me.