Friday, July 23, 2010

Next up - a few short races

My wife Kathy completed a beginning running class on Wednesday. Congrats Kathy! The class was put on through our local community education program. Kathy does not really enjoy running that much (yet) but she enjoyed the class and the people she met.

As a followup to the class, I will be running a few races with Kathy this Summer/Fall. First, a 2-mile race in Grand View, WI on August 1st. This is the town where I grew-up and that was the first race I ever ran - 5 years ago.

The following weekend we will be running the Urban Wildland 5K in Richfield, MN. Kathy is well aware that our paces don't matched but I promised her that we would run the races together. I'm looking forward to that.

My next posting will be from a newspaper article about my Mom from 30 years ago. It will tie in nicely with what I wrote above, and specifically about me running with Kathy.

--Mark

1 comment:

Beth said...

That's great that you guys are running races together. Although Mike and I don't run at the same pace, participating in the same races has given us a lot to talk about and time together. Have fun!