Monday, December 27, 2010

2011 prelim plans again

It's been several weeks before I first thought about what to run in 2011. I have a short list of my old and new favorites plus a 50K trail race and a half marathon that will be new to me.

I'd rather run on trails than on the road for races. In 2010 I ran a mix of races and ended up with 72 road miles and 110 trail miles. With my plan below, I'll have 38 on the road and 106 on trails. As always, my plans are subject to change due to family activities but here's my current plan:

4/2 - Ron Daws 25K
4/15 - Trail Mix 4-person Team run (12.5K per person)
5/1 - Lake Minnetonka Half Marathon
6/18 - Bighorn Trail Run 50K
7/2 - Afton 25K
7/9-10 - Run the Keweenaw 3.5M/11K/25K series
9/24 - Birkebeiner Trail Marathon
10/22 - Door County Fall 50 team relay

I think that's about all I want to squeeze into 2011.

--Mark

2 comments:

Mark H. said...

For most of my planned race weekends, there's too much going on with family events on Saturdays. I'm expecting to scratch the Ron Daws, Trail Mix, and Bighorn off my list for 2011. If so, I would like to bump Afton up to 50K. I'll be looking at race calendars for a few Sunday Spring/Summer races. I hope to be able to sign-up for some long race soon to give me some extra incentive to train.

Beth said...

Hey, I just signed up for the Minnetonka Half last week!! Want to try and find each other and say hello? I like your list! I would really like to do the Ron Daws again but it just doesn't work for me this year. I'm going to have to work on fitting it in for 2012.