Sunday, June 2, 2013

two good days in a row

Years ago I wrote down everything I ate and kept track of every last calorie expended during exercise. Without looking back, it seems like great exercise weeks were 5000 calories burned while I was doing intense fitness classes or 45 miles of running when I switched over to that activity.

What I've just started to do a few days ago is record my diet and exercise and goals in myfitnesspal. I also wear my Garmin XT310 for running and have restarted my running for what seems like the millionth time. If I can get to running about 2 miles a day, almost every day of the week, I'll start staggering the 2 mile days with slightly longer days. I'd like to be able to run 6 miles a day, 5 days a week, my this Fall.

To get my Garmin data into myfitnesspal, I use Endomondo as an intermediate app. Endomondo can pull my workouts from my Garmin and then push them to myfitnesspal. A little complicated but it works well.

I have a 7 mile trail race in my sights for later this year.

--Mark

No comments: