Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Recovering nicely

I took Sunday off, walked yesterday and today. My hamstrings still hurt, but only a little. Sure, I ran hard in the marathon for about 2 1/2 hours, but as soon as some cramping hit me, I went into 'save my body' mode. For the last 6+ miles of the race, I walked until I wanted to jog and then jogged until I felt I needed to walk. I didn't push my legs hard during that final 10K. I'll run 6 miles easy with my running partners on Friday. We'll ease back into training as our bodies allow.

Next for me is the Afton 50K. I'll be training with the Hammer Nutrition products for Afton as they have Heed on the course. Last year at Afton was the first time I had ever heard of Heed. I didn't dare touch it then but I will this year.

edit: During the Fargo marathon I got huge blood blisters on both of my toes that are next to my big toes. The toenail was very loose on one. I wonder how long that will take to fall off? (answer: 4 days) That will be (was) a first for me.

--Mark

No comments: