Friday, May 2, 2008

15 days to Fargo

Running a 20.7 mile long run one day and a 10K race the next can wear a guy out. Glad that's over. Whew.

Now I'm moving into a taper. I feel strong again now that's been almost a week after my 10K. Today we ran 6.2 nice and easy. Here is my plan for the next week, based on Higdon's Advanced II training:

Sat - 4 miles at marathon pace
Sun - 4 easy miles
Mon - 4 miles, mostly at tempo
Tue - 4 miles
Wed - 4 miles at marathon pace
Thu - I'm doing Yoga plus the Twin Cities 1-mile race
Fri - 4 miles
Sat - 8 miles - I'm glad it's not 4 miles! This week was looking like a broken record! :-)

I'm going to have to run each of these 4-mile days on a different route to make it interesting.
--Mark

1 comment:

keith said...

tapering always looks so good on paper! it is always a very difficult phase of training (for me) it seems like. good luck!