Friday, February 29, 2008

Awesome run this morning

I started out early this morning on a 16 mile run with two friends. We were going to run it Sat but moved it up a day. The plan was to run over to lake Harriet, run around the lake, and then back to the club. We got to the lake and my friends said they thought it was much farther around the lake that what I said. They changed the plan and we ran up and along the east side of Calhoun and then got on the Greenway. We ran east to the river parkway and then south and back to the club. We ran until we we crossed the Ford Bridge and then walked up the hill. The total running time was 2:47 and the mileage was 17.5. We got an extra-good workout because of the lack of traction in the snow. At one point in the run I commented on how stupid we were to embark on a 16 mile run with no water. Not too smart. We did stop at Dunn Brothers at the Lake St. Bridge for water at mile 15. I weighed myself at the club and found I lost about 5 lbs. Next time I need to carry water.
--Mark

No comments: