Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A few nice miles today

I ran an easy 6 miles this morning and will do the same two or three more times this week. My feet felt good. Yesterday I had my final foot-surgery checkup and that went fine --- I'm all healed.

While there, I asked my Doc about my foot pain from running hard or hills or longer distances. I showed him exactly where I was getting pain and he told me a lot of things (about feet) that I have already forgotten. Last year I had a 'gait analysis' done and while that helped my foot situation quite a bit, there is room for improvement. He had me get an x-ray taken from my hips to my heels to get an accurate measurement of leg bone lengths to verify or change that 5mm heel lift I now wear in my right shoe. I expect to get custom orthotics in the near future.

Next race: Trail Mix 50K team race (12.5K each)

3 comments:

Beth said...

I'm glad the weather is finally getting better. Makes those runs a lot more fun. Good luck with the Trail Mix. Sounds like fun.

SteveQ said...

It was good to see you at Ron Daws; I hope I manage to recover enough from this week's race to see you at Trail Mix.

Mark H. said...

Steve,

I usually don't have to wish good luck over multiple days, but, good luck this Friday and Saturday on your 100! See you soon.
--Mark