Thursday, April 23, 2009

Get in Gear 10K coming up

I ran 6.25 miles this morning at an 8:04 average pace. That run was on the Ford Bridge / Lake Street Bridge Mississippi River loop which is most of the Get in Gear 10K course. Although I'm not back to the running shape I was in last year, I'm starting to get stronger. While I held back a bit at the Trail Mix 12.5K, I'll run at the fastest pace I think I can sustain for 10K. Right now I would be very happy with a 7:30 pace. The weather forecast is 46 degrees, rainy, and 15 mph winds. I love that weather for racing (except for the wind) but not for sitting around chatting with my friends after the race.

--Mark

2 comments:

Beth said...

I hope you had a great race this morning. Can't wait to hear about it!

Mark H. said...

It was a great race for me and I'm sure you will see my new post shortly. Thanks for asking.