Friday, April 3, 2009

Ron Daws 25K

I ran a few easy miles this morning because I'm running the Ron Daws 25K tomorrow. Scratch that.... I'll just be watching the other runners now. I have a few twinges of pain in my foot (not related to the surgery I had) so I can't see that running 15.5 miles will do anything to improve my fitness. Even if I feel great in the morning, I think it will be best to take it easy for the next few days.
--Mark

post race update: I ran until I met my friend Dave near the 2 mile point providing informal race support and I hung out for an hour or so and then ran back to the finish to see the leaders come in. 3.5 miles for me; the first in 7:42. I was starting to get warmed up and feeling good before I dropped back and out. I see my Dr. tomorrow for what will be my final post foot-surgery checkup. The surgery spot has healed just fine, I just have other foot issues to deal with now. Although my foot issues have been a little better when I had a gait analysis done and changed shoes/inserts, there are some other things I think I need to do to minimize pain after hard/fast/hilly races. I may find a sports doc next.

4 comments:

SteveQ said...

See ya there!

Helen said...

Nice to meet you this morning Mark. Good call on the race - still early and better to look after the aches and pains! It was a fun course though - great for hill training.

Helen

Beth said...

I ran the Ron Daws yesterday and found your blog while I was surfing for results. I enjoyed reading it and will check in to see how your are doing. Good luck!

Beth said...

I do remember you guys standing at the tent! It cracks me up that we have the same favorite t-shirt. I checked out the weather forecast site you have on a previous post. I am a little obsessed with the weather forecast and that looks like a great site. I hope your foot is better and you get out there today.