Thursday, July 10, 2008

shoe test

Several weeks ago I had an extensive shoe fitting done. I ended up with a new style of shoe as well as some supportive inserts and a heel lift. In the past I would get some foot pain after a hard/fast run that took a few to many days to go away. My new shoes should take care of that problem. I wore my old shoes at Afton with my heel lift and didn't have any problems there (except for my new black toenail). :-)

Until this morning I had done no speedwork in my new shoes. I warned my running partners last night that we would be running fast this morning. It ended up that we ran the first 3 miles in a fast 21:00. I never run that fast except in a short race. I'm very happy that my feet felt great during and after that run. No pain whatsoever. I think my new shoes will work out perfectly.

--Mark

2 comments:

keith said...

I'm glad your happy with your new gear! That's pretty fast! TIme to go find a nice 5K to run!

Mark H. said...

Yeah. I think I'll look for a cool 5K this fall.

That's way faster than normal for me. I was thinking during the run that my speed was at the slow end of Patrick Russell's easy range (re: drs posting). Yikes! It's all relative isn't it?