Sunday, August 10, 2008

Race bibs. Keep or throw?

I keep mine. Scratch that. I kept mine. :-(

I had about 20. I kept them from every race. It's only been 3 years so it's been pretty easy to hang onto them. I have (had) them pinned together in order. This morning I took my TC Ultra Festival bib off my dresser and was going to pin it with the others. Hmmmm... I can't find the race bibs. Well, a few weeks ago I did some long overdue spring cleaning. I suspect my race bibs are snuggling together in a landfill somewhere. Or maybe they somehow made it into the recycling.

Well, I can't find them and my mind draws a blank when I think of where I could have put them. There is a small chance they will show up. A few years ago I lost my heart rate monitor for two months, until I looked in my 'kayaking box', and there it was. So now, my stack of race bibs is a stack of one. Until my next race.

--Mark

3 comments:

keith said...

i pin them together by year and put them in the box my Vibram FiveFingers came in that year...you'll find them. I 'lose' things like that all the time.

SteveQ said...

I toss mine periodically, but sometimes one pops up unexpectedly and I find myself saying, "Huh. I guess I DID do that race!" I like the ones with only one digit and those with five.

Matthew Patten said...

toss.

I keep them for a little bit, but then get annoyed with all the crap I have everywhere.

Ironicall, the Kettle bib is still visible in the laundry room.