Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Hot Yoga

I never tried hot yoga before this morning. My friend Kristen offered to take me to a class and it seemed like the 3rd day after a l-o-n-g run would be the perfect time. It was the perfect time. I want to do hot yoga 3 days after every hard race. My muscles felt so good after class and throughout the day.

This week:

Sun: 3.5 miles
Mon: 6.2 miles
Tues: 3 miles plus hot yoga
Wed: 2 miles
Thu: 20.7 miles <<< shouldn't have done this but it's too late now.
Fri: hot yoga
Sat: day off
Sun: day off

1 comment:

Helen said...

Hot Yoga is excellent for runners!! It will work wonders for your knees and lower back. And sweating out all those toxins after a hard run/race is perfect. My only caution is some runner "try to hard" and when you are so warmed up and flexible it's a bit easier to pull/stretch something a little too hard and injure yourself. But so long as you don't do that I think you'll really find it a huge benefit.

Namaste!

Helen