Monday, August 25, 2008

Ragnar Relay, Great River (finished)

This was my second year of running the Great River Relay. I'll be reserving this weekend for the relay for years to come! It was another great experience. I won't say much here but I really love running up a 2-mile long, 450 foot high hill at midnight! You really have to experience it.

The 12-person team I was on, Live to Win, did not win but we were 20th overall out of 168. We finished in 27:18:12 for a 7:57 average pace over 205.8 miles! Yet another race I look forward to running next year.

--Mark

3 comments:

keith said...

congratulations! you guys did really well! impressive!

SteveQ said...

Great run! But the 7 mile long, 3000 foot "hill" at Leadville in the dark was enough for me!

Mark H. said...

Hey Steve,

I can only dream of attempting to run/walk/crawl/be-dragged-up a 'hill' like you had at Leadville.

The best I could do is take the biggest hill available as well as the longest total miles. Next year I'll have to kick people off the team to get to run some of their legs too. :-)