Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Backing off the miles

The past few days I noticed that the back-bottom of my right foot hurts a little in the mornings. I felt it today when I ran a few miles. I'm pretty sure that I have plantar fasciitis. I have been following a running plan where my weekly miles are a percentage of what I expect my peak week will be. I'm working towards a peak of 60 but I'm changing it starting now to 48 miles. This week and next week I was planning to run 80% of peak. Instead of 48 miles, I'm dropping it down to 38 miles.

I'm revising the rest of the week to hit 38 miles. Instead of running 3 before weights, I'll walk. I'm cutting the number of cycles of Wednesday's workout from 6 to 5 and will walk to cool down. Friday I'll run less too. New remainder of week plan:

Everyday
Stretch calves/feet

Wednesday
6.6 miles
2 mile warmup +
5 x (4 min at 6:31 pace + 3 min at 9:41 pace)
6:31 = 9.2mph; 9:41 = 6.2mph

Thursday
strength training

Friday
6.4 miles

Saturday
12

Sunday
core or rest


1 comment:

keith said...

never a bad idea to back off or have easy weeks once in a while.