Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Good news about my foot

I picked up a Strassburg Sock at Run N Fun yesterday to wear at night to help my plantar fasciitis problem. I wore it last night and there was no sign of it this morning. My running workout today was pain free too. I think I'll wear the sock for three weeks and also at the slightest sign of a problem in the future.

My hard interval workout was a good idea but I had to modify it greatly. Instead of 5x (4 min at 9.2mph then 3 min at 6.2mph) I changed it to 3x (3 min at 9.2 mph then 4 min of walk- or run at 6.2mph). My heart rate was at 169 and my AT is ~165. I think I was dealing with more of a mind issue than a physical one but at 3 minutes I just wanted to get out. I was able to do three cycles with good form and then decided that next week I'll do the same thing 4x. My total miles today was 5.0.

--Mark

2 comments:

keith said...

what is a straussberg sock?

Mark H. said...

It's a sock with some straps and velcro. You pull it on and the top ends just below the knee. Then you snug-up a velcro strap at the top of the sock and there is a D-ring at the front. On the toe of the sock there is a long strap that you slide through the D-ring to pull tight and flex you foot. OK.... a picture is worth 1000 words. Go to http://www.thesock.com/ and you will immediately see what it is.
--Mark