Saturday, January 5, 2008

Week 19 (to go)

That plantar faciitis that I thought I had wasn't. No sign of it this morning. I ran a nice 13.1 on the treadmill with a couple of friends so we had a chance to chat. It wasn't so boring that way.

Since I dropped the two fitness classes I had in my schedule, I'm going back to the Daniels' Running Formula book and will be trying Marathon Training Plan A. Next week is 19 weeks before race so using the book, I came up with the following based on a 60 mile peak week later on. I'll be at 43.1 miles this week after Sunday, so I'll be able to step up to 47 miles next week.

Week starting Monday, January 7
19 weeks to go

Monday
6 miles

Tuesday
3 mile warmup
strength training

Wednesday
10 miles

Thursday
3 mile warmup
strength training

Friday
10 miles

Saturday
12 miles

Sunday
3 mile warmup
strength training

Planned total: 47 miles

Week 18 (to go) I'll switch over to Daniels' Phase II of the plan and the workouts will become more complicated.

--Mark

update: I need to swap some of these days around to get my long runs on Saturdays.

No comments: